Saturday, June 13, 2009

Giant Hamster Ball Anyone?

After visiting the Kiwi Encounter, we ventured another 20 minutes down the road to partake in another fun activity. Ok so it wasn't a community planting day, visiting my old volunteer site, or learning about kiwi, but by God was it a riot. We went ZORBING!!

So, for those of you who don't know what zorbing is [and most probably won't] it is essentially this enormous ball, filled with a little water, that you get in and roll down a hill! Can you say fun?! I think I can! Two at a time we went and two at a time we laughed and giggled as we fell all over each other in, well, a giant hamster ball. Heather and I went together and boy did I have a blast. Another one of the amazing things invented here in NZ. [I swear there are so many genius's here, it isn't funny nor fair.]

Others could even lay down on the hill as you ran over them with the ball! We got to run over Jono, which we didn't find out until after, but it was tons of fun. Unfortunaly, we only got to go down once, but boy if I ever got the chance to do it again, I would...over and over again.

So, if you are ever in NZ...ZORB. There isn't anything like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment