Saturday, May 30, 2009

Signing up Anyone?

Queenstown, NZ...the adrenaline capital of the world! Our first stop of adventure tour brings us here, to push our limits and comforts and...make bad life choices? nah just do something crazy. After meeting up with the three groups from the north island, the 45 of us NZ volunteers met up with our two new adventure tour leaders at the Queenstown airport. The short flight was amazing, over the snow-capped southern alps, landing in an area surrounded by mountainside. "It's going to be cold out there, really cold," a flight attendant told us. I was in my glory.

Well needless to say, being from upstate New York has taught me a thing or two about being cold. I was prepared, but it actually wasn't that bad! After a two-hour orientation with our new fearless leaders, both outdoor junkies from NZ, we headed to the market to buy things for dinner, then down to THE STATION to hear about our first exciting adventure here in the adrenaline capital. Well, ladies and gents, after a small orientation about this thrilling activity, I went to the counter and signed myself up. Noon on Saturday I depart on my bungy jump experience...143 meter jump with nothing but my feet harnessed. I cannot wait.
This is going to be one of the most thrilling experiences I have had thus far, but it is only the beginning. The next two weeks are going to be filled with countless activities like this and well...I am both lucky and excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment